How do you improve your reach? How can you promote your company properly without incurring additional costs? Does it really deliver anything? There are many good and free ways to bring your company to the attention of your target group. It will take you some time and focus, but it will significantly increase and improve your reach.
Own media and earned media
You can roughly divide media into 3 groups:
- Own media: website, business cards, newsletter, company car, packaging material, company clothing, social media, store, app. With this you mainly reach existing customers.
- Media earned: publications in the regional, local and national press, magazines, blogs. With this you mainly reach fans.
- Paid media : advertisements, Google adwords, fairs, affiliate marketing, banners, cinema, abri's. With this you reach new people.
You promote your company for free via Eigen media and Verdiend media. That way you reach more people without extra costs. Some channels cost money, some do not, but they do take time. Certainly if you want to bring a good message that is well received.
Promote business with your own media
Use your online channels optimally to be found well in Google and for more bonding with your customers:
- Regularly refresh the content on your site, or even better: start with blogging. That causes more visibility in Google and offers a better experience for your visitors. Read more about it outsource business blogging.
- Start one newsletter to inform your customers and potential customers. Choose a frequency that you can enter for the long term: such as monthly. A newsletter is ideal for binding with your existing customers. Read on about it set up a newsletter.
- Start with it regularly optimize of your website Google. It is a continuous process, but that ensures more visibility in Google and therefore more visitors. Read this SEO tips and also think about it Featured snippets,
- Care for more relevant links to your site. Look at the parties with whom you really have a connection: customers, suppliers and partners. Are they already linking to your page? Look at your competitors: which links point to their sites? You can do this easily by searching in Google for "link: www.website.nl", for example "link: www.ibm.nl". A better tool, but with annoying advertising, is www.backlinkwatch.com. You can also buy links or the outsource link building.
Promote business through social media
Get in touch with potential customers and show them what you can do for them. Social media is your calling card and the conversation that follows. View before you start with social media, the 10 reasons not to start on social media.
- Start with Twitter: 3.3 million Dutch people use Twitter, of which 1.6 million daily. Twitter is very interactive, forces short messages and helps you build reputation.
- Start with your own Facebook page: 5 million Dutch people use Facebook daily. Facebook works primarily visually, requires consumable content and helps with it image to build. Read more about it Facebook on Bloeise.
- Start with Youtube: 7.1 million Dutch people use YouTube, of which 0.9 million daily. Image is ideal for complex matter or extensive to convey stories quickly and clearly. It does require quality.
- Start with Linkedin: 3.9 million Dutch people use Linkedin of which 0.4 million daily. It's the way to it network to address your network and to position yourself as a specialist.
- Start with Google Plus: 2 million Dutch people use Google Plus of which 0.5 million daily. Google encourages and rewards use of Google Plus in the search results and Google Maps.
Promote business through earned media
You have to earn in publicity: you offer news or certain value to a party (on Twitter, the newspaper, the local radio) that shares that for you. Local reach is fairly easy to reach, and for most companies also where most customers are located. Regionally and nationally can be much more difficult. With earned media (and paid media) you can grow your own media.
- Many local newspapers regularly give editorial attention to local companies in a permanent one business column or business part. Deliver complete texts to be recorded faster.
- In addition to the local newspaper, there are also many local weekly newspapers, such as the Sunday newspaper. Send a press release to all these local parties. Read the 16 tips to get into the news faster to come.
- Some people have their own blog, popular Facebook page or Twitter account. Meet this influential local people and see what you can do for each other. A small giveaway for their followers offers added value for their own channel.
- By very nice or interesting content to make that you share via social media, this is sooner shared by your followers. Consider beautiful photos, surveys (parts of them, preferably in an infographic), quotes, or striking questions and comparisons. View the 13 perspectives for more interaction on Facebook to get ideas.
- Old-fashioned Word of mouth remains the best promotion for your company. Get more word of mouth by: rewarding existing customers for bringing in new customers, excellent customer service (especially in case of complaints), stay in touch, do surveys and customer surveys to discover what you can improve and do that, and give your customers a stage, for example in your social media, newsletter, press release or website.
Paid media for business promotion
You can only spend money once. Using paid media is something that should not be dealt with lightly, because one thing is certain: the money has been spent. But what do you get in return? A special form of business promotion is promotional work: promoters give a physical interpretation to your brand on location. For example at an event, trade show or demonstration. With the right look, promoters load your brand, create brand preference and give your brand a face.
Do you especially want to make more leads and sales? Then you focus on a target group that is already interested in your products. Google Adwords is ideal for that. Read this article about the deployment of Google ads: the Marketing Crane.
Need personal marketing advice? Book an online marketing session
Telephone 1-on-1 in which we can discuss everything about the application of online marketing: the new landscape, objectives, strategy, ROI and implementation. Specifically about reach, conversion and content. After this session you can start shaping your digital strategy.