You want to draw attention to an event, enthuse relationships in an original way for a special promotion, or introduce a new product line. You use the usual internet channels for that, but with one direct mail add a dimension to that. You send your target group something tangible, by mail. That choice optimizes the chance that your story will be read. Unsolicited e-mails are increasingly deleted, but personal mail? That makes you curious.
Personal touch is a determining factor for direct mailing
'Personal' is a key concept when you get started with direct mailing. You make a mistake if your personal and address details are incomplete, correct and up-to-date. Handle this with care. In addition, put yourself well in your target group. Do you want to interest business decision makers in a breakfast session? Do not do that with a perfumed envelope. Do you want to present a new cosmetics line to fashion conscious women? Then a package with a scent is extra tempting.
Your message applies to your online marketing activities content - is essential at all times. You cannot get through it without being relevant and distinctive. This also applies to your direct mail, but the packaging also places extra weight on it. This offers unlimited possibilities to stand out. Dare to think out-of-the-box. Sit together with your sales team and let everyone blow ideas. That way you immediately create support, which is very useful when you call. Use the following tips.
10 ideas for your direct mail
- Choose a catchy envelope - The shape, design and printing of your envelope influence the opening willingness of the recipient. Choose an envelope that matches your target group and objective. Don't be too loud.
- Envelope with bobble - An envelope where the recipient immediately feels that there is something in it always makes one curious. It may be a gimmick, but make sure that the content has an interface with your company and message.
- Send a business letter more often - In this time of e-marketing you make a distinction by approaching customers and prospects from time to time with a business letter sent by post. Choose a business envelope with it and give it an urgent signal. Sign the letter by hand!
- A handwritten letter - A handwritten letter is not only personal, but also gives a sense of urgency and commitment. Make sure that the envelope is also handwritten and choose genuine stamps instead of the franking machine.
- A creative card - A mailing in the form of a (post) card is not only suitable for an invitation, but also to draw attention to a new product or promotion. Get informed about the many possibilities. You have great pop-up cards, folding and sliding cards and cards with special effects.
- Print and video - As videos are popular on the internet, they can also be used effectively with direct mail. There are smart ways to integrate your video message into, for example, an open card or a product brochure. Impact insured.
- Personalized magazine - You have the Linda, named after Linda de Mol, you have the Jan, which stands for Just Another Name. Digital printing techniques make a magazine with a personalized cover perfectly possible. The chance that your mailing will be saved is maximum.
- Brochure or prospectus - An exclusive brochure or prospectus sent in a limited circle provides extra binding. Choose a suitable envelope and print the name, position and company name in the document.
- (Advance notice - Are you organizing a business meeting or sales event? Send your target group an exclusive, printed and personalized (pre) announcement and have a printed invitation followed.
- Product sample - Consumers always enjoy receiving a free trial product. Direct mail is ideal for this.
Schedule a follow up for your direct mailing
Whatever your goal is, customer loyalty, generate a sales impulse or leads, direct mailing is an effective method for contacting your customers, relations and prospects directly. The sharper your mailing is tailored to your target group, the greater the revenue. In the mailing, provide handles that give the recipient a boost to take action. For example, give them an exclusive promotional code for your website. Always provide your mailing with a telephone number and e-mail address. In particular, consider a follow-up in the form of a follow-up action. This gives you the opportunity to make an inventory of how your mail has fallen and to give the recipient just that last push.