Facebook Friday: Grades, ask questions, vanity url, switch profiles and create admins
On Facebook Friday I answer questions about (business) use of Facebook, directly and which have been asked via Twitter #Facebook #DTV.
1. Who knows how many % of the active Facebook users in NL is connected to at least one local business page?
2. How do you ask a question on your FB page again? I can't find the option anymore?
3. Does anyone have experience changing the URL of a business page on facebook?
4. How can I tag people in the photo with my business page?
5. How do you check that you like something on your own company page, as a person? (not as a page)
6. Anyone have experience with Administrator / manager role on Facebook, which is not accepted?
A numerical question, to which you want the most recent answer with a correct source. I referred Ferdi to the social media overview August on Marketingfacts, 61 percent, but that is international and not for the Netherlands. Writer Danny Oosterveer indicated that we liked 38 pages on average in the Netherlands, and that there are 3,321 local business pages in the Netherlands. Further figures are here.
How do you ask a question on your FB page again? I can't find the option anymore?
The so-called 'vanity url' ensures that you can easily communicate your company page. https://www.facebook.com/Bloeise looks better as a link and is easier to type than https://www.facebook.com/pages/bloeise/415987821783808. You can only create the URL after 25 followers. On the company page, go to Edit page / Update page information / Page Address. Note: you can only create this once and then only change it once.
How can I tag people in the photo with my business page?
There are 3 ways to be active on your business page. Yes that is confusing. You can tell by the icon at the top and the blue toggle bar:
- As a company page. Go to the gear icon in the top right corner and select 'Using Facebook as'. There is no blue bar to switch.
- As a company page / private person. Search for your page name as a business person and click on it. You do post content and comment as your business page, but you can tag people on photos from your private account. Even if those people don't like your page. There is a blue bar at the top with which you can switch to private person.
- As a private person on the company page. Search for your page name as a business person and click on it. You post content and respond as a private person. Depending on your business page settings, you can tag people in the photo. There is a blue bar at the top with which you can switch to company profile.
So to tag photos on the company page, you must have the blue bar at the top. Search for your page as a private person, go to the photo and you can tag everyone you know as a private person on the page. If Business Page / Private Profile, the person will see that the Page has tagged them. As a private person, that person will see that you have tagged him.
How do you check that you like something on your own company page, as a person? (not as a page)
See the explanation above about switching profiles. Make sure you visit your company page as a private person. You can then like photos and messages as a private person.
Only people who like your business page can be added as admin of your page. You add a person below Edit page / Manage admin roles. You can also add an e-mail address, but it must also be linked to a Facebook profile. In principle, this is not necessary, but Facebook sometimes gives error messages. In any case, I recommend that you always create a second administrator for your page: if for some reason you can't log in to Facebook as a private person, someone else can do that for you.