You have the URL of your Facebook page and instead of Facebook.com/pages/LoveDenHelder/426677410715937 is your URL now Facebook.com/LoveDenHelder. Top! But then you also want to change your page name. * Update 15 September#: this used to be 'mission impossible'but has been happily relaxed since September 2015. Here I give you all the options, including the old options that were previously required.
Easily change your Facebook page name
- Go to your Facebook page
- Go to the tab Info (possibly first to Page information)
What happens next?
- You will receive a confirmation email;
- They may also check the conditions:
Words or phrases that are offensive or violate someone's rights.
Incorrect capitalization. Page names must be grammatically correct with regard to capitalization and, with the exception of acronyms, may not consist of only capital letters.
Symbols (for example ®) or unnecessary punctuation marks.
Long descriptions, such as a slogan. People who manage pages can add this information to the section Info of a page.
Variations on the word Facebook. For more information go to Information regarding brands.
Misleading words. If a page is not the official page of a brand, place, organization, or known person, the page name should not be misleading, making others think it is an official page or that the page is managed by an authorized representative.
Page names cannot consist of:
General words (for example pizza). Pages must be managed by official representatives of the relevant topics.
General geographical locations (for example Amsterdam). Discover more about it locations.
Then your fans are also informed via a notification. They can possibly object. Facebook further informs you via notifications that you find via the so-called 'support inbox‘:
No? Then take a deep breath. And read on:
First of all: not so useful that the world's largest social network saddles us with this problem. Just assume that solving the problem is a technical difficulty that involves a lot of work for Facebook. Facebook typically wants to give us a great user experience. For the sake of clarity: I am talking about changing the page name and not the URL.
Conditions Facebook page change
Facebook sets the following conditions to change your Facebook page name:
- You have to be in one Location be where it is allowed (America and not the Netherlands)
- Your page must be less than 200 fans to have;
- You should administrator are from the page with all rights;
- The page title is still allowed not before are changed;
How do you change the Facebook page name?
Do you have less than 200 likes and have you not changed your Facebook page title before? Oh are you just as happy. Really!
- Go to your Facebook page;
- Go to the tab Info;
- click on edit after Name, change and press Amendments save.
Time for a dance!
Customize page name for page with more than 200 likes with Hola
Does not it work? Then there is a question mark that points you to the page https://www.facebook.com/help/271607792873806 with the following information:
If your page has 200 or more likes, you must be an administrator to submit a request to change the name of your page. When your request is approved, you cannot change the name of your page again. You can only change the name of your page once. To file a request:
- click on Info below the cover photo of your page.
- Click in the left column Page information.
- Place the mouse pointer on the part Name and click edit
- click on Request a change.
- Complete the form and click To send.
If you don't see the option to send a request, it may mean that:
- · That you are not an administrator. Discover how you can see the role of your page.
- · You or another administrator have recently submitted a request.
- · This option is currently not available at your location.
This happens when you have more than 200 likes: you must submit an application. And that is only possible as an administrator with all rights and as an American user. How do you do that? Simple, with the Chrome browser extension tool called Hola.
- Install Hola;
- Remove you cookies and browser history;
- Set Facebook to English (US) language via Settings and log out of Facebook.
- Go back to Facebook, set up Hola US language and then log in.
Now you can request a change to your page title via Facebook in the standard way (but in English):
- Go to your Facebook page;
- Go to the tab Page Info;
- click on Edit after Name, change and press Request Change.
- If necessary, press Refresh at error message;
- Doesn't that work? Then also adjust the on the Page Info tab Category to Company.
- Check: Do you have all rights as an administrator?
- Go through the steps: enter one reason for the change.
- Facebook also asks for one proof with the new name. For example, you can upload a photo of an invoice with the name.
Changing Facebook page name is still not possible
- According to Likeconomics is it an option to Delete Likes until you have less than 200. Not really ideal and so I do not recommend it, especially if you have a lot more than 200.
- Ask your fans for a massive one to propose editing for your page name. It may not differ too much from your old name, so only a few other letters or characters. This can only be done by fans, not by managers. Go to the page as a fan, click next to at the top message on. . . on which a menu appears. Select Suggest editing. See example Hoorn Tourist Office Below. If several people (you shine there 20 need that), you as administrator automatically get the option to accept the suggested operation.
Ask Facebook for help with the page name
Form for changing the Facebook page name
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/221445081367260 (cut / paste in browser)
- Read the 'Guidelines for Page names', put a check mark and click further;
- Select the page that you want to change and indicate what page you have;
- State the new name and give a good reason why.
- You will then receive confirmation that your request is being viewed.
smeders: Media Smeders.
Can't change page? Report Facebook issue
Warning: don't expect too much from it; usually only works for large advertisers.
Do you have another way that did work for you? Respond below or let me know!
Facebook marketing in 60 minutes
€ 12,50 via Bol.com
Excellent book to start advertising on Facebook. Get yourself thinking about your Facebook goals. What do you ultimately want to achieve? This book explains the basic principles in 60 minutes.
Written by Marcel van der Heijden, founder of a friend of mine, the first Facebook marketing agency in the Netherlands. View here on Bol.com.
Source image: Facebook Flower by MKH Marketing