Change Facebook page name: standard and with more than 200 likes with Hola
you have the URL of your Facebook page set and instead of Facebook.com/pages/LoveDenHelder/426677410715937 is your URL now Facebook.com/LoveDenHelder. Top! But then you also want to change your page name. *Update September 15th#: This used to be'mission impossible' but has thankfully been relaxed since September 2015. Here I give you all possible options, including the old options that were needed before.
Easily change your Facebook page name
- Go to your Facebook page
- Go to the tab Info (possibly first to Page information)
What happens next?
- You will receive a confirmation email;
- They may also check the requirements:
Words or phrases that are offensive or violate someone's rights.
Incorrect capitalization. Page names must be grammatically correct in capitalization and, except for acronyms, must not be all capital letters.
Symbols (eg ® ) or unnecessary punctuation marks.
Long descriptions, such as a slogan. People who manage Pages can add this information to the Info of a page.
Variations on the word Facebook. For more information, visit Information related to brands.
Misleading words. If a page is not the official page of a brand, place, organization or public figure, the page name should not be misleading so that others believe it is an official page or that the page is managed by an authorized representative.
Page names cannot consist of:
General words (eg pizza). Pages must be managed by official representatives of the respective topics.
General geographic locations (eg Amsterdam). Find out more about locations.
Your fans will also be informed via a notification. They may object. Facebook will inform you further via notifications that you can find via the so-called 'support inbox‘:
No? Then take a deep breath. And read on:
First things first: not so handy that the world's largest social network saddles us with this problem. Assume that solving the problem is a technical difficulty that involves a lot of work for Facebook. Facebook typically wants to give us a great user experience. Just to be clear, I'm talking about changing the page name, not the URL.
Change Facebook page name conditions
Facebook sets the following conditions to change your Facebook page name:
- You have to be in a Location be where it is allowed (America and not the Netherlands)
- Your page must be less than 200 fans to have;
- You should administrator be from the page with all rights;
- The page title is still allowed not before are changed;
How do you change the Facebook page name?
Do you have less than 200 likes and haven't you changed your Facebook page title before? Oh are you just as happy. For real!
- Go to your Facebook page;
- Go to the tab Info;
- click on edit behind Name, change and press Amendments save.
Time for a dance!
Customize page name for page with more than 200 likes with Hola
Does not it work? Then there is a question mark pointing you to the page https://www.facebook.com/help/271607792873806 with the information:
If your Page has 200 or more likes, you must be an admin to request to change the name of your Page. Once your request is approved, you won't be able to rename your Page again. You can only rename your Page once. To file a request:
- click on Info under your Page's cover photo.
- Click in the left column on Page information.
- Hover over the section Name and click edit
- click on Request change.
- Fill in the form and click To send.
If you don't see the option to send a request, it may mean that:
- · That you are not an administrator. Find out how you see your Page's role.
- · You or another admin recently submitted a request.
- · This option is currently not available in your location.
This happens when you have more than 200 likes: you have to submit an application. And that is only possible as an administrator with all rights and as an American user. How do you do that? Simple, with the Chrome browser extension tool called hello.
- Install hello;
- remove you cookies and browser history;
- Set Facebook to language English (US) via Settings and log out of Facebook.
- Go back to Facebook, put on Hola language US and then log in.
Now you can request a change to your page title in the standard way via Facebook (but in English):
- Go to your Facebook page;
- Go to the tab Page Info;
- click on edit behind Name, edit and press Request Change.
- If necessary, press Refresh in case of error message;
- Doesn't that work? Also, on the Page Info tab, adjust the Category to Company.
- Check: Do you have all rights as administrator?
- Go through the steps: give a reason up for the change.
- Facebook also asks for a proof containing the new name. For example, you can upload a photo of an invoice with the name.
Changing Facebook page name still doesn't work
- According to Likeconomics, it is an option to likes to remove until you have less than 200. Not really ideal and so I don't recommend it, especially if you have a lot more than 200.
- Ask your fans for a massive to propose edit for your page name. It may not differ too much from your old name, so only a few different letters or characters. This can only be done by fans, not administrators. Go to the page as a fan, click next to message on . . . where a menu appears. Select Suggest edit. See example Tourist Information Hoorn Below. If several people (you seem there 20 need) do that, as an administrator you will automatically be given the option to accept suggested edit.
Facebook ask for help with the page name
Facebook page name change form
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/221445081367260 (cut/paste into browser)
- Read the 'Guidelines for Page names', put a checkmark and click further;
- Select the page you want to change and indicate what page you have;
- Indicate the new name and give a good reason why.
- You will then receive confirmation that your request has been reviewed.
Can't change page? report Facebook problem
Warning: don't expect too much from it; usually only works for large advertisers.
Do you have another method that has worked for you? Comment below or let me know!
Facebook marketing in 60 minutes
€ 12,50 via Bol.com
Excellent book to start advertising on Facebook. Makes you think about your Facebook goals. What do you ultimately want to achieve? This book explains the basics in 60 minutes.
Written by Marcel van der Heijden, founder a friend of mine?, the first Facebook marketing agency in the Netherlands. View here on Bol.com.
Image source: Facebook Flower by MKH Marketing