Most visitors to Bloeise are almost feminine. And to look at online marketing from a practical side - that of the shopping consumer - we look at how you can shop most efficiently when you are looking for a gift for your husband.
The gift for him
Men are practical. If they need something, they will buy it themselves. And you can arrive again with those standard gifts such as aftershave, that funny T-shirt, a bottle of wine or that new book from that one new writer. But you also want to give him something original. And then something that is useful to him. Therefore three super tips to find the gift for him:
- What is he always talking about? That can be an interest, his hobby, an irritation or a question he is struggling with. As men don't usually talk that much, that soon reveals his passion, right?
- Take a look at his Facebook page. What does he often share? Is he a Star Wars geek, a foodie, a beer geek, a big child or the serious businessman? What you often share on your Facebook page says something about how you see yourself.
- What adventure does he enjoy? It is scientifically proven: you become more happy with experiences than with things. From parachuting on Texel, a beer tasting (a tasting is called that nicely), to an escape room, bush craft workshop or clay pigeon shooting: it makes your husband happier.
Don't you know yet? You can find categories for on Radbag.nl gifts for men, such as Actieveling, Drinkmaatje or Gadgets Enthusiast. For inspiration, a small selection of gifts for men for a number of categories that Radbag.nl has:
- Small gift: magnetic beer tree for beer caps, world map for scratching, retro arcade games mini-console and the Star Wars Death Star Lamp with 3D effect.
- Gadget lover: minipresso: a compact espresso machine for on the road, Bluetooth speaker, touchscreen gloves and mobile chargers in various models.
- Great kid: luminous unicorn slippers, candy grabber candy machine, R2D2 cookie jar with sound, cat money box and mini zombie garden gnomes.
From webshop to happy man - 6 online shop tips
The following six online shop tips will help you efficiently and quickly buy the right gift for your husband:
- Looking for inspiration? Surf anonymously. You visit different sites to get ideas, and suddenly those red sneakers start chasing you everywhere, even though you already decided not to buy them. "Remarketingis that called. (Here you can read how you do it yourself via Facebook). You can prevent this by surfing anonymously: SHIFT + CTRL + N in Chrome and in IE (or Edge) via menu to New InPrivate window.
- Check the webshop for safety. Unfortunately, you will not be the first to disappoint her husband because a webshop lights up everything. Check whether: the site has secure payment traffic (with a green lock at the URL), payment via iDEAL is possible, whether (real) reviews are shown, any guarantee or quality mark (such as Thuiswinkel.org) and Google agree on site name + complaint . Doubt? Use the Consuwijzer Online ShopScan.
- Select gift: use all webshop options. nl offers decision aid and all possible product information, with which you can select your gift exactly. You then know the exact product and you can find the best deal via, for example, Compare.nl. Feel free to open new windows so that you have all the information quickly at hand.
- Real reviews. The Crosley record player is REALLY the worst product you can buy for a record lover (scratches on your record, poor quality sound etc). Nevertheless, there are favorable reviews on Bol.com. Because they are simply purchased. Therefore, check a larger number of reviews, or check different sites, so that you get a truly objective picture.
- Compare on the real price. Pay close attention to the well-known instinkers: prices must include VAT and compare providers on the prices shown at checkout. At one webshop, delivery is free of € 20 and the other casually charges administration costs extra.
- Right moment, right packaging. Delivery to the office or to the holiday destination is all possible. Some web shops also offer the option of festive packaging, useful if you are not a packaging princess yourself. Surprise your man with the right man and with the right packaging.
This was one of the first lifestyle articles at Bloeise with a practical consumer approach.
Do you want more? Let me know!