With the arrival of Amazon to the Netherlands, the importance of Amazon reviews is also increasing. Amazon is already selling more online in the Netherlands than the Media Markt, for example, and has recently added iDEAL. The expectation is that Dutch retailers and web shops will feel the power of Amazon. The only solution? Participate. And then you need good Amazon reviews. But what if you get one instead of four or five stars? And what if the message also completely destroys your product? Certainly if you have done everything to deliver a good product, such a bad review can be very sour. You can feel that in your turnover. You prefer to adjust or remove the review, but how do you do that?
Called reviews or reviews are an important tool for Amazon to give shoppers a better user experience. As a consumer on Amazon, you can immediately see which product is popular and which is less valued. That is why Amazon is encouraged to leave a review. From a total edition of € 50 you can leave an Amazon review. As an assessment in text, but also as a video. Digital downloads that you purchase for free are not eligible for a review. You do not have to have purchased the product for which you want to review on Amazon. And note: you can only give a review 48 hours after you have purchased a digital item. But what if you want to change it afterwards?
Delete my Amazon review
As a customer, have you given a review on a product yourself? You can do this again edit or delete in your Amazon profile. Often problems with products can be solved by contacting the seller: give them the chance to correct the error. It may well be that the problem was unknown and the seller is grateful for the opportunity to improve his service.
What can you do against a bad Amazon product review?
Unfortunately. A bad product review on Amazon cannot be removed as an online seller. You now have two options:
- Bending the negative experience of a customer to a positive one. For this you must approach the customer actively. That means that as soon as you have received a bad review, you should give a positive response almost immediately. Suggest the customer to look for a solution together. If the product is broken or does not meet the customer's requirements, you can take back the product or replace it.
- Give the customer his money back. Or do you want to completely satisfy the customer? Then replace the product and give the money back. With this you satisfy the customer and perhaps he is prepared to adjust the review based on service provided. Also apologize, stay in touch with the customer and show in the response to the review that you are willing to look for solutions.
What if the review is not aimed at the product? Amazon removes reviews in these 4 cases
Sometimes you get a bad review and you don't understand a thing. The content of the review is not about your product at all. This is a review about something completely different. It could be the Amazon service or the service you provided, perhaps an email they received or the package service. Sometimes customers also just complain. If it is the case that the review has nothing to do with the product itself, you can report this to Amazon. Note the following four things to have the Amazon review removed:
- Offensive material: unnecessary sexually motivated remarks, hateful or crude remarks or accusations, remarks that indicate defamation, defamation, racism or incitement.
- Advertisement: advertisements, advertisements or texts that all too often report the same. Views of a person, company or site with a financial interest in the product. Such as a supplier, seller or employee of a competitive product or company for example.
- Inappropriate content: reviews in a language other than Dutch (so no Latin, Thierry), reviews written by another, or previously published (copy fits), telephone numbers, mail addresses and URLs not related to Amazon, details about alternative availability, prices, ordering methods or providers. And: comments aimed at other reviews. Watermark in the video is also not allowed.
- Off-topic information: feedback about the seller, shipment or packaging. You provide this feedback via www.amazon.nl/feedback and www.amazon.nl/packaging. Poems, haikus, philosophical musings ... everything that does not belong to the assessed product. Also no feedback about spelling errors or inaccuracies in the catalog or product description: use the form at the bottom of the product page. And last but not least: a review is not the means to provide feedback or comments on Amazon or any functionality on the page.
Humor is allowed:
How do you make an Amazon review disappear?
The easiest solution is to make the bad Amazon review disappear between good reviews. The average consumer expects a bad review from time to time, but it is unnatural if there are only positive reviews. So make sure you have enough positive reviews.
Ask all your customers if they are willing to leave a review. If necessary, link a chance of winning for a free product. A few dozen positive reviews ensure that that one negative review disappears into the background. If you have had few customers, that is of course more difficult. Another possibility is to select a group of people who can test your product in exchange for an Amazon review. Free of course, because that alone provides a positive review! Please note that they can already write reviews on Amazon.
Review marketing: why, how and what
Get started seriously with review marketing? Read here how important reviews are, what you do exactly, 8 practical tips for dealing with negative reviews and advice from Koninklijke Horeca Nederland on review blackmail.