Guest blog by odo Redactie
Nowadays, more and more companies use an SEO campaign to position a company on the internet. SEO is of course an important online marketing tool that helps in achieving a certain objective or for conversion. SEO can again be divided as Onpage SEO and Offpage SEO. Onpage SEO is particularly focused on the quality of the website itself.
For example, the content that can be found on the website. On the other hand, Offpage SEO is the authority that has a website. The position of a website is determined on the basis of these aspects with regard to Google's algorithms.
Seven Onpage SEO
It is becoming increasingly important for companies to focus on Onpage SEO. In the previous years, the focus was largely on Offpage SEO activities. This ensured, for example, that the content on the website had a low level of quality. After certain algorithm changes, the importance of quality content has also become very important when positioning a website or web store. Below are a number of Onpage SEO tips that can be applied very easily to a website:
- Try working with a website in its entirety with H1, H2 and H3 cups. It is important that all titles are indicated with H1 as the heading.
- The loading time of a website is also becoming increasingly important. Through this linkje it is possible to test the speed of a website. The points for improvement are also immediately indicated, so that they can be adjusted quickly.
- Make sure the keywords the website wants to rank on in the first 100 words of a text.
- Use external links to websites that have a high-quality authority to have. For example, websites such as Wikipedia.
- Having qualitative photos on a website is important, but make sure that the size of a photo is as low as possible. So compress the photos before the photos are added to a website. This of course also ensures that less space is taken up on the web server and has a positive effect on the loading time of a website.
- Does your website not yet have one today? responsive design? This makes your website also suitable for mobile. Immediately view the options for switching to a responsive design for a user-friendly website.
- Be open to content on your website responses. This ensures interaction and can help as an improvement point for the article or for the website as a whole. If none yet social media buttons to share the content it is advisable to use this. Nowadays there are also possibilities to share content via WhatsApp, since WhatsApp has become an important medium.