OnPage SEO: 7 Tips
Guest blog by odo Editorial
Nowadays, more and more companies are using an SEO campaign when positioning a company on the internet. SEO is of course an important online marketing tool that helps to achieve a certain goal or conversion. SEO can again be divided as Onpage SEO and Offpage SEO. On-page SEO is mainly focused on the quality of the website itself.
This includes, for example, the content that can be found on the website. On the other hand, Offpage SEO is the authority that a website has. The position of a website is determined on the basis of these aspects related to Google's algorithms.
Seven Onpage SEO
It is becoming increasingly important for companies to focus on Onpage SEO. In previous years, the focus was largely on Offpage SEO activities. This ensured, for example, that the content on the website had a low level of quality. After certain algorithm changes, the importance of qualitative content has also become very important in the positioning of a website or online store. Below are some Onpage SEO tips that can be applied very easily to a website:
- For a website as a whole, try to work with H1,H2 and H3 cups. It is important that all titles are marked with H1 as the heading.
- The loading time of a website is also becoming increasingly important. Through this link it is possible to test the speed of a website. The points for improvement are also immediately indicated, so that they can be adjusted quickly.
- Make sure the keywords the website wants to rank for in the first 100 words of a text is placed.
- Use external links to websites that have a high level of authority to have. Examples include websites such as Wikipedia.
- Having quality photos on a website is important, but make sure the size of a photo is as low as possible. So compress the photos before adding the photos to a website. This of course also ensures that less space is taken up on the web server and has a positive effect on the loading time of a website.
- Does your website currently not have a responsive design? This means that your website is also suitable for mobile. View immediately the options to switch to a responsive design for a user-friendly website.
- When it comes to content on your website, be open to reactions. This ensures interaction and can help as a point of improvement for the article or for the website as a whole. If there is no social media buttons to share the content, it is recommended to use it. Nowadays, for example, there are also possibilities to share content via WhatsApp, since WhatsApp has become an important medium.