Sticker marketing may not be the first thing you think of if you want to bring your business to the attention of consumers. Yet it is a very effective form of marketing. Although online marketing is also important, it only happens 23% of all consumer spending online. The rest is done offline. It is not for nothing that you see window stickers and posters with "SALE" hanging in shopping malls. Below you can read more about the benefits of sticker marketing and how you can get the most out of your stickers.
The 3 benefits of sticker marketing
Sticker marketing is an interesting way to promote your company locally. Stickers have a number of advantages:
- Stickers are cheap: An online advertisement Google Adwords it will cost you € 0.35 per click. For the same money you can also have a sticker printed that will continue to appeal to customers.
- Stickers have many applications: Where leaflets with a specific purpose are printed, you can use stickers in different ways. You can hand them out at events, on packaging or stick the window of your store, give it as a gift to customers and stick it in different places in the public space. For the latter, ask permission first, otherwise you run the risk of getting a fine.
Stickers are a form of word of mouth: A customer who sticks a sticker of your company on his agenda, water bottle or car, tells others that he or she is a satisfied customer. You cannot get better advertising for your company.
4. Stickers are not directly perceived as advertising: Consumers are flooded with advertisements all day long and can get a little tired of it. Stickers are less likely to be experienced as advertising, but rather as a nice gift. Stickers are especially suitable for short texts, logos and images. If you want to inform customers more extensively about your products and services, then you better opt for a brochure.
5 Tips for getting the most out of stickers
- Stick on touch: Stick stickers with your company logo on shipping boxes, letters, brochures, packaging and coffee cups. The stickers are then not only seen by customers, but also by mail deliverers, for example. This way you increase the name recognition of your company in a cheap way. You can also reach a large audience every day by labeling your car.
- Use window stickers: Window stickers with special promotions on the windows of your store or hospitality business, work is inviting. They give color to your business premises and make potential customers curious. Window stickers are easy to apply and also remove when it is time for a new promotion.
- Spread discount stickers: Stickers have a magical effect on people. A 20% discount sticker that customers can stick on a product of their choice often evokes more enthusiasm than an announcement of the same 20% discount in a brochure or on a website.
- Give stickers as a gift: The best stickers are stickers that not only serve as promotional material, but are also nice for customers to get as a gift. Optical illusions and slogans always work well.
- Combine stickers with online marketing: State the address of your website on the sticker or have a QR code printed on it, so that customers can immediately get more information about a promotion or product. Sticker marketing is ideal for transferring your local presence to your online presence. In other words: it gives you online marketing a local presence. Works perfectly if you also offer free WiFi.