Tips for starting web shops: this is how you successfully use B2C e-commerce
Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular. It is therefore not surprising that more and more entrepreneurs are opting for a webshop aimed at consumers, or B2C e-commerce. But setting up a webshop is not always easy. Many starting entrepreneurs have little budget, knowledge and experience. And that ensures that the expected or hoped for success is not achieved. How can you ensure that your Online store will be a success?
Find your B2C niche
It is important that you start with a good foundation. This starts with finding your niche. What exactly do you want to sell? Choose a product group that is as specific as possible. This allows you to distinguish yourself and that is very important in the crowded world of e-commerce.
Find your ideal customer
When you have found your niche, it is wise to find out who your ideal customer is. In a buyer persona you sketch a picture of who your customer is. It is important that you know who is addressing you and that you can adapt your message and tone to your ideal customer. You also learn to look from the customer's perspective and you know which problems of your buyer persona you can solve with your products. Do you want to score with e-commerce, then you spend enough time on this before you start.
Who is your competitor?
If you have your buyer persona it is important to do a competitive analysis. Who is your competitor? What are they doing well? What do they do less well and what can you do better? Look at how they appeal to the same target group, how they market their product and which channels they use. Are they on Facebook? YouTube? Instagram? Do they have a newsletter? How do they rank in Google?
5 tips for more success with your webshop
- Profile yourself as a knowledge expert. Provide relevant tips and information about your product: if the customer feels that you are an expert in your field and you are willing to share this information, they will be more likely to buy something from you. A blog is the ideal platform to share yourself as knowledge expert to profile.
- Social proof: Show that people are satisfied with what you offer. For example, offer space on your websites for reviews. If a potential customer sees that other people are satisfied with what you offer, he will buy something from you faster.
- Learn about SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) sounds complicated, but it doesn't have to be. For example, you can use Google Adwords to find out which keyword planner keywords you can best use. If you use WordPress, you can use plugins like Yoast to get started with SEO very easily. If you do not exist in Google as a webshop, you will miss a large part of your potential turnover.
- social media: use social media for promotion. With social media it is important that you work strategically. make a social media plan, in which you choose which channels you will use and how often and when you want to post something here. Measure those results that ultimately contribute to your sales: clicks to your website and your assisted conversion.
- keep moving: stay informed of developments in the field of e-commerce and online marketing. This way you ensure that you remain relevant and interesting for potential and existing customers.
Passion for your product
Ultimately, the most important thing is that you enjoy working on your business. So look for a product group that really gets you excited. Keep setting goals, dare to make mistakes and keep renewing yourself!