Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular. It is therefore not surprising that more and more entrepreneurs are opting for a webshop aimed at consumers, or B2C e-commerce. But setting up a webshop is not always easy. Many starting entrepreneurs have little budget, knowledge and experience. And that ensures that the expected or hoped-for success is not achieved. How can you ensure that your Online store become a success?
Find your B2C niche
It is important that you start with a good foundation. This starts with finding your niche. What exactly do you want to sell? Choose a product group that is as specific as possible. With this you can distinguish yourself and that is very important in the overcrowded world of e-commerce.
Find your ideal customer
If you have found your niche, it is wise to find out who your ideal customer is. In a buyer persona you sketch an image of who your customer is. It is important that you know who appeals to you and that you can adjust your message and tone to your ideal customer. You also learn how to look from the perspective of the customer and you know which problems of your buyer persona you can solve with your products. Do you want to score with e-commerce, then you spend enough time on this before you start.
Who is your competitor?
If you are your buyer persona made, it is important to make a competitive analysis. Who is your competitor? What are they doing well? What do they do less well and can you do better? Look at how they appeal to the same target group, how they bring their product and which channels they use. Are they on Facebook? YouTube? Instagram? Do they have a newsletter? How do they score in Google?
5 tips for more success with your webshop
- Profile yourself as a knowledge expert. Give relevant tips and information about your product: if the customer feels that you are an expert in your field and you are willing to share this information, he will be more likely to buy something from you. A blog is the ideal platform to like yourself knowledge expert to profile.
- Social proof: show that people are satisfied with what you offer. For example, offer space on your websites reviews. If a potential customer sees that other people are satisfied with what you offer, he will buy something from you faster.
- Immerse yourself in SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) sounds complicated, but it doesn't have to be. For example, you can use Google Adwords with the keyword planner to find out which ones keywords you can use the best. If you use WordPress you can use plugins such as Yoast to get started very easily with SEO. If you do not exist in Google as a webshop, you will miss a large part of your potential turnover.
- Social media: use social media for promotion. With social media it is important that you work strategically. make a social media plan, in which you choose which channels you will use and how often and when you want to place something here. Measure those results that ultimately contribute to your sales: clicks to your website and your conversion helped.
- Keep moving: stay informed of developments in the field of e-commerce and online marketing. In this way you ensure that you remain relevant and interesting for potential and existing customers.
Passion for your product
Ultimately, the most important thing is that you enjoy working at your company. Therefore, look for a product group that really gets you excited. Keep setting goals, dare to make mistakes and keep renewing yourself!