On June 30, NEN organizes a webinar about ethics and artificial intelligence (AI) in collaboration with the Future Image Technology Foundation (STT). For example, we will discuss the ethical considerations for AI systems and the international standards that are being developed for the responsible application of AI. You can register for the webinar for free via the website.
On this entrepreneurial blog you can read everything about entrepreneurship and business issues. As an entrepreneur you have the freedom to run your company as you want, but that also creates a lot of uncertainty. Entrepreneurship also brings up all sorts of issues: how do I make enough sales? How do I bind customers to my company? What options do I have to expand? Which CRM package is right for me? How do I finance my growth? We share our knowledge, experiences and insights from our own entrepreneurship. For personal support at marketing plane Bloeise offers a paid 1-on-1 session. In all other areas we only offer content: for you blog, website or whitepaper.
Entrepreneurship includes growth, accounting, personnel, vision, market and competition analysis, strategy, IT and software, office furnishing and marketing.
What is entrepreneurship?
According to Wikipedia, an "entrepreneur is anyone who engages in economic activities for profit, using equity." He who does business or maintains a company, says Ensie. And according to the Chamber of Commerce (KvK), you are an entrepreneur if you independently supply goods or services with the intention of making a profit. But the most important definition that enterprising people are interested in is that of the Tax and Customs Administration.
The corona crisis has an impact on almost everyone. For many, it suddenly means having to work from home. From the many years of practical experience of Bloeise, you will find ours here productivity tips for working from home.
When are you an income tax entrepreneur for the tax authorities?
Not everyone who does business is also an entrepreneur for income tax. Activities within the hobby or family sphere are included result from other activities. Law and case law set requirements that entrepreneurs must meet, which are assessed by the Tax and Customs Administration. We look at profit, independence, access to capital, the number of working hours (1,225 per year, even if you start mid-year), amount of clients, marketing expressions to make the company known (such as a website, stationery or a sign) , liability and the entrepreneurial risk to be run. Read more at the Tax Authorities.
Start your own business
Until the end of 2000, having a business diploma was mandatory for establishing a business. Today, one registration with the Chamber of Commerce, which can now also be done entirely online. However, if you need an entrepreneur loan, the bank will ask you for a business plan. Here you describe your target group, product or service and market approach. All things that are essential to determine well in advance.
- An optimal company name in three steps
- As a starting entrepreneur I would like to hear these tips
- Making money online in 2020 continues to work hard
- Do you need an entrepreneur coach?
- Starting your own business from home? Without money? Look here for ideas!
- 7 aspects that are part of starting a business
Are you a self-employed person? Freelancer? Entrepreneur? Or do you run your own business? As a single person you also have a company with a strategy, plan and vision. In this interview with Headfirst I explain this further: “Do not see yourself as an individual, but as a company". And in this blog From self-employed person to SME I give you four tips to learn to think as a company.
- Keep renting your business premises for years? That makes you flexible, but it is also very expensive. Read all about it here business mortgage.
Determine business strategy
How do you get from situation A to situation B? A strategy is no different than a plan to achieve objectives, usually in the long term. A strategy includes the why, the how and the what.
- Analysis. What does your market look like? What is happening in terms of technology and customer behavior?
- Target audience. Who is your target audience? How do you achieve it? What are their pain points?
- Objectives. The objectives you want to achieve in the areas of entrepreneurship (profit, continuity, growth), marketing (market share, turnover) and communication (knowledge, attitude, behavior).
- Message. What do you offer your target audience? How do you meet the challenges of your target group? What is your proposition?
- Marketing mix. Which resources do you want to use and how? What effect do you expect per communication or marketing tool?
- Strategy. Here you describe how your resources work together and ensure that your goals are achieved.
- Schedule. Describe action points in a realistic, action-oriented and measurable way. In other words: SMART.
- Budget. You make money with money. How will you use your budget smartly?
- Evaluation. Evaluate on effect (have your objectives been achieved), process (how did the plan go) and product (the quality of the resources and deliverables used).
Not all parts are equally relevant, of course, but as a guideline, this set-up helps you with every plan that you want to devise just as quickly. Many strategies are available that provide a format to shape your challenges:
- Do better business with the Three Horizons model from McKinsey
- Business model canvas by Strategyzer
- OGSM - your business plan on one A4
- Eysink Smeets' NoCompromise model: (r) etail strategy for advanced users
Develop business vision
Entrepreneurship is like steering a ship: you have a goal in mind and set course. Before you can determine where you can go and what options there are, you need vision. In your market, the customers, your competitors, related markets and innovation. You get vision by taking in a lot of different information, ideas, reports and research. For example, an article about AI in the hotel industry can give you a possible business idea for your own industry: AI to make garage appointments. And by figuring out how visionary business leaders like Richard Branson and Elon Musk think, you develop new feelers to sense your environment.
The following articles will help you develop your business vision:
- The Elon Musk method
- Muskalicous Management: 7 principles for the company of the future
- The Richard Branson method
- Think like Leonardo da Vinci
- What is Kaizen? Explanation about a Japanese business philosophy
Staff and organization
The main difference between self-employed persons without employees (self-employed persons) and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs): employees. Recruiting, attracting and retaining good staff is a real challenge. One for which you actually want to hire someone first to arrange the filling of vacancies and keeping your employees satisfied. Good staff makes the difference to your customers. That's why Richard Branson also says, "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.“At Bloeise we pay a lot of attention to online recruitment and employer branding: recruiting staff via the internet.
Arrange entrepreneurial matters
It is sometimes very frustrating: you really have enough work, but there is also that list of things to arrange. Things that are important for your company, but that your customers do not ask for. If you leave this out, you are mainly working as an employee. There is a pile of work, and you try to get rid of it continuously. There is still work to be added, so you don't give yourself a moment to get rid of that other pile. But that's NOT why you became an entrepreneur, is it? Also be your own employer, and schedule time each week to sort out, arrange, outsource, check, analyze and plan things. Doing business is changing caps: every now and then you are an employer, largely your own employee. We have already selected many things for you:
Administration and bookkeeping
Some administrative insights are indispensable for the entrepreneur. Where do you easily earn money? Which costs can you reduce? Which customers should you not have and which ones? On which marketing posts can you put more budget? These kinds of questions can be answered quickly with good accounting. A accountant is recommended: for the annual tax return and annual accounts in any case, salaries if you have staff, but also for business insights and advice.
- Start your own bookkeeping online
- Get your bill paid faster with these 10 tips
- Business account accounting package and bookkeeper - why actually?
- Advantages of an accountant in the online era
- Contract lifecycle management trends
- Doing business without red tape
IT: the engine behind your business
Self-employed persons and SMEs are also dealing with IT, especially now in the era of corona. After all, bringing your business processes online means no physical contact and therefore no contact with contamination. Consumers are now getting used to online ordering, collection or delivery, contactless payment and bringing the experience into their home. IT makes the difference for entrepreneurs between turning and standing still.
The Bloeise Story: Digital Nomad
“Bloeise existed as a project since 2011, I did it in addition to my work as head of marketing & communication at VVV Texel. It gave me an opportunity to apply practical knowledge to clients. In October 2013 I decided to work full-time with Bloeise. Main reason: to be able to work location-independent as a so-called digital nomad. Can work anywhere where my laptop has internet and power, so I can travel between countries with ease. That is why I had to learn to recruit customers without physical contact, perform remote work, retain customers and continue to grow as a company. IT is crucial for this. When the corona crisis hit in March 2020, the work went completely digital. ”
Marketing, advertising and promotion
Whatever you call it, as an entrepreneur you have to sell your products, find customers for your services and attract customers. In the category marketing we will discuss in detail all forms of marketing: social media marketing, facebook marketing, well found in Google, advertising, reviews of Google My Business, printing and physical marketing. Read more about marketing.
Underlying entrepreneurial categories
Entrepreneurship is a main category at Bloeise. The following entrepreneurial categories are included. For each topic you will find a number of articles in which the topic is fully covered or cited as an additional topic.
Are you missing certain entrepreneurial topics at Bloeise? You are very welcome as a guest blogger. See the rules and possibilities of guest blogging on Bloeise. Below are all entrepreneurial blogs of the main category Entrepreneurship and the underlying categories.