Start web shop? This is how you start a web store in boxer shorts!
Do you want to start a webshop? But you don't know exactly where yet? What do you think of boxer shorts? In this article we explain why this is the ideal (starting) item. In addition, we provide tips to make your slip shop a success! And yes, these tips can of course also be applied to another product. 😉
Why choose boxer shorts?
Boxer shorts have many advantages: there will always be a demand (the male readers probably have one now!), You hardly need any professional knowledge, there is a wide range and they can easily be supplied via external suppliers. But even with such a simple item to sell, you have to keep a close eye on a number of things. We list the four most important points of interest here.
Research first and foremost the needs of people. Many buy boxer shorts, but who still does not find exactly what they are looking for? So what is there (more) need for? Are people mainly looking for cheap underpants? Or sustainability plays the biggest role and you better choose for example bamboo boxer shorts? Also look at how often you have to score new ones. Perhaps that is a lot higher with the cheap variant than with the sustainable one. In addition, determine through which channels they are purchased the most.
Map your competitor
If you know what kind of boxer shorts you want to sell, you can also determine who your competitors to be. Watch very carefully how these sell their underpants. Important points to keep in mind are the prices they charge, the shipping costs, delivery times, returns, how they present special offers and how they generally offer their wares. Don't forget to also check their social media.
Your added value
Why do people have to be at your webshop? To map this, you can use the 6 Ps:
- Product: what exactly are you going to offer? How large are you going to make your assortment? What is the quality of your product? With this P you also look for example at packaging materials.
- Price: this is of course partly determined by your product and its quality. Price is very important: too high and customers do not buy from you. Too low and you do not earn enough. It is therefore of great importance to find the right balance in this.
- Place: the place where you are going to establish your business. With a webshop there is a chance that you can start from home. Do you choose to only sell online? Or do you also want a stone shop?
- Staff: do you start your webshop on your own or are there others who join the company? When staff has contact with your customers, they are the calling card of your company. So always put the right person in the right place. Good customer service - which responds quickly and in a friendly manner - is a top priority.
- Promotion: how are you going to promote your company? There are different ways to tackle this. But an online company is usually best promoted online, via social media or for example Google Ads.
- Presentation: how do you come out as a company? This P is mainly about your corporate identity, which ensures the right appearance. Do not go over this too lightly, but consciously choose your company logo, company colors, font, and so on.
Choose your target group
Do you have a clear picture of 'who' your company is? Then you can also determine the matching target group. Because it is really not possible to sell to everyone. If you aim too wide, you will not catch anyone. So look very carefully which group matches your product. Configure your P's further and start!