A box, a bag or such a hard, plastic sleeve that often contains small devices or cables: for many entrepreneurs packaging seems to be only necessary at first sight. This while the packaging of your product for many customers is an important factor in whether or not to purchase or value that product. Nice packaging, and then customized packaging in particular, can therefore be of great added value for the marketing of your company. In fact: if you do not pay attention to it, you are probably lagging behind your competitors.
It may sound illogical, but the best packaging is packaging that really impresses your customer. This is possible in all sorts of ways. The most important thing is that your packaging stands out on the shelves - and that can also be digital shelves! - and that you as a consumer realize that you have thought about it. For example, anyone who has ever bought an iPhone will have noticed that opening the package - grabbing the lid, lifting it, waiting for the device box to slip out - takes a while. That's right: exactly seven seconds. Apple wants you to spend seven seconds with full attention on your new phone. Cool right?
Five benefits of packaging
A package with such a lot of detail takes time to think up and have it made. But the benefits that a unique, customized packaging of your product entails make that creative process more than worthwhile.
- First: realize that the packaging is often the first impression is that customers get from your product. Customers scan web stores and store shelves and first really choose on the basis of what they see on the outside. That first impression is indelible, especially if it is positive!
- Furthermore, thoughtful packaging can be a extension of your product For example, if your product stands out because of its beautiful design, then also design beautiful packaging. It can also go the other way: you probably know the scissors package for which you need a pair of scissors to cut it open ...
- The third advantage of a gift packaging can be the Free Advertisement Think back to the iPhone packaging. These are the facts that are discussed in the office next to the water cooler and on birthdays. Advertising for which you don't have to do anything!
- In addition, if you delve into the psychology behind color combinations and shapes, you can even do it with the right packaging subconsciously influence on consumers. The neuroscience is your friend!
- Finally: unique packaging makes your product unique. You can additionally consider one Personal message to leave a positive feeling on your packaging or to leave a positive feeling with your customers. Be creative!
Never knew that a customized package could bring so many benefits? You are not the only one, but it is high time to get started. Keep in mind: nobody likes unnecessarily large packages ("Did I buy air?") And packaging materials that are unnecessarily harmful to the environment. As long as you color within those lines, you can be as creative as you want.