Websites are heavily subject to trends. Certainly in the field of marketing and design. If your website hasn't been updated for years, it's probably time to freshen up. You report to a web design agency, have a new design made, use it and then you find out: it does not convert at all. How is that possible? This is probably because your marketing and web design do not match. Bloeise explains how you ensure that web design and marketing blend seamlessly.
The foundation of SEO
Before we go further into the combination between marketing and web design, it is good to consider the foundation of SEO, or search engine optimization, with which you ensure free organic traffic from search engines such as Google. When setting up a website you should pay attention to a few points:
- What do you want to achieve with your website ?;
- What does the current website look like ?;
- How are you going to attract new search traffic ?;
- How are you going to structure the search traffic and what are you going to focus on ?;
- What will the new structure of your site look like?
- How are you going to have important elements rewritten ?;
- Where do you get advice for landing pages?
You get the answers to these questions by performing a website analysis. If you perform this analysis before designing a website, you work in a logical order. If the analysis shows that something is fundamentally wrong, you do not have to break open the entire website, but take it with you in a subsequent version.
Why use a marketing agency first?
A marketing agency has all the knowledge about marketing in-house and can therefore directly help to ensure that your website does what it should do. It is annoying if you first have a website built and later it turns out that everything has to be changed, because a marketing agency can only recommend this afterwards.
For an effective online campaign often have to landing pages to be made. Of course these must match the keywords you want to advertise with. In terms of content, they must match the intention of your customer. If you find out too late, you still have to adjust many pages later. Otherwise, campaigns with Google Ads, for example, are not effective. Of course you can also create the landing pages afterwards, but ensure that they are made in a suitable design and also support your marketing efficiently.
Unite online marketing and web design
Before you have a new website designed, it is a good idea to make a blueprint. What should your website be able to do? And later? Think about the required marketing techniques at an early stage. With a sort of map of your website in hand, you can go to the design agency. The design agency can then take your marketing wishes into account.
The four main points of interest for online marketing with a new website are:
- Site structure: content is essential for your marketing. This is how you inform and convince visitors. The right structure also supports your SEO.
- Call to action: set your website goals immediately and ensure that visitors find their way to them. So make sure you have action buttons in a recognizable style, without distractions and that clearly tell what happens next.
- Your marketing channels: to cover your budget advertise online efficient deployment, pay attention to the quality score. Factors such as contact details and an about-us page help in this. For social media presence, share buttons help. Does your target group use WhatsApp? Then take it with you. Your website is at the heart of your marketing.
- Measure: through which channels do your visitors come in? On which keywords? How long do they stay? And how can you then target them with a targeted advertisement to get them back? For all these things you have to measure your traffic and record and analyze visitor behavior.
Ultimately, there is a unity between marketing and web design. It is an excellent idea to sit down at a table with a marketing agency and web design. One party knows how your website becomes visually attractive, while the other party knows everything about conversions and how you generate leads.
The parties you choose to work with need great flexibility. The marketing expert and the web designer cannot ignore each other: they must really work together. Step by step linear follow-up is no longer of this time. It is much smarter to choose a method in which there is an interaction between strategy, content and design. We also call this'Growth Driven Design".
With Growth Driven Design you don't have to spend thousands of euros every year on a completely new design, but the website moves with you. The optimization process continues on the basis of analyzes. That way you have more time for marketing and you have to spend less time on redesigns. By uniting the marketing and web design, you get a nice website that looks good and also converts. Then you really have a gold mine.
Are you about to get a new one to have a website made? As a marketing agency we are happy to help you with this from the start.